Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dead End Road



Today I've come to the realization that I have been driving down a dead end road for quite some time now. It is a beautiful road, perfect for the time being, and the trip I was on. It's the kind of road you take when you have the extra time to go the scenic route home. Ya, there were some pot holes, but all in all, the road was perfect. When I started my journey on this road, I never thought it would be this long. But the road sucked me in, and I wanted to stay on it forever. Today I approached the warning sign, 'Road ends in 100 feet.' This road isn't taking me in the right direction anymore. I'll never make it home if I stay on it. I've got to find a new road. There's no way around it, the road ends, you can't just stop and stay there forever. I've got a hundred more feet before this road ends. I have to make that turn, no matter how much it hurts, or how perfect and beautiful the road I'm on is. It's the facts of life. When a road ends, you must find another. So here I go, 100 feet left, got to find my turn, and start a new journey down a new road. Better buckle up, it's going to be a long ride!

1 comment:

Brie D'Aguiar said...

maggie, this is sooo well written and well, so sad. but at the same time once you get off this road, you will find yourself on a bigger, longer more beautiful road :) who knows where life may take you next. love you girl and im always here for you!