Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hero.

My mom is a stud. Plain and simple.

Her Urban Dictionary Definition found here, describes her perfectly!

Sherry \sh(er)-ry\ is pronounced SHARE-ee. The name is of English origin. Variation of the French "chérie" meaning "beloved". Women with this name are often described as kind, intelligent, mysterious, elegant and sexy. Usually of the most intriguing and beautiful people in the world.

Mon chérie, je vais toujours vous adore.
My beloved, I will always love you.

Sherry is so many things, but mostly she's amazing!!!

My mom and I a couple years ago. (When I dyed my hair brown).


Today she ran in the Boston Marathon. This is absolutely insane to me.

I did a half marathon when I was a senior in high school but I could never even dream of doing the full thing!

The Boston Marathon is extra awesome because you have to qualify to run in it.

So yes, this makes my mother extra awesome because she was fast enough to qualify for it!!

I couldn't tell you how many she has done now, but I think it's starting to get up there.. I she's done two in Colorado, the Portland, New York, Boston twice, and I think Chicago, and probably there's a few that I'm missing in there.


In case you're about to compute and start thinking about how much running that is.. I'll help you out and let you know it's a TON!!!!

There is so much training that goes into running marathons that by the time you get to the actual race you have to be soooooooo drained!

I don't know how she does it!

So today's post is dedicated to my hero.

My mom running in front of the pacer in some marathon. No Big Deal Really. =)


My mother.



Not just because of her studly running abilities, but also because of the woman she is.

Dear Mom,

You are such a strong and loving mother. I look up to you in so many ways and hope I grow to be half the woman you are. You are my hero. Seriously. I'm so lucky to have a mom like you.

I love you mom.


P.S. Can I just say one thing? Isn't my mom a babe?! Bonifide Hottie if I do say so myself.

No comments: