Sunday, April 11, 2010

Water Aerobics

Today, I spent about 30 minutes recounting the weeks until summer.


My mom, sister and I at the beach a couple years ago.

One of my favorite things about summer is the time I get to spend down there in LA (Lower Alabama) =)Every year my family and I go down to Gulf Shores, AL and spend some time watching the waves crash and having the only thing on our schedules every day be walking the 10 steps from the porch to the sand and waves.



It's always so nice to spend a few weeks relaxing, catching some much needed sun rays, and getting lost in a few books.
Dodies about to hit the sand.

One thing I absolutely adore though is the time I get to spend with my Grandma, Dodies. I always fly down a few days before my folks to spend some much needed time with the good ole' Dodes.When we were younger this time was spent going to the Explorium, and painting ceramics at those pottery shops.



But for the past two years these activities have whimpered in the corner compared to the magnitude of the greatness of......




You guessed it,

WATER AEROBICS!!!!

Now you might be laughing right now, but this is not a laughing matter. I am a lover of water aerobics and I look forward to the time I get to spend with my grandma and her country club pals in the pool every summer.

I must admit, going into it the first time, I thought, 'This will be easy', seeing as how I'm an athlete.

But let me tell you, they were the ones laughing when I could barely stay afloat.

The best part of water aerobics though is the people. They are so happy to see me every year and catch up on my life and what I've been doing. They love to have a younger girl in there swimming around with them. The instructor always thanks me for coming and acts like I am doing it out of kindness for my grandma. But the reality is I beg her to take me with her and love every minute of it!

Do you have any fun memories with your grandparents, or summer traditions?

No comments: