Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Fingers Smell Like Garlic.....



Yes. It's true. My fingers do smell like garlic.

Tonight I was asked by a fellow teammate to make him dinner. So being the super busy person I am I naturally didn't have time.......... Oh wait.......... I had all the time in the world! So I struggled last night to find a recipe that

1. Sounded delicious.

and perhaps more importantly

2. Was easy to make.

Now I am perhaps not the most creative when it comes to my cooking because most of all I absolutely can't stand going to the store and buying 50 ingredients to make 1 meal for just me. If say, I was cooking for a whole family, or even just two. I would have the motivation to cook something other than BBQ chicken and noodles, hamburger helper, or spaghetti.

So When deciding what to make, my tastebuds began to go crazy when I remembered Noodles & Company's Pesto Cavatappi with Chicken. MMMM MMMMM MMMMMM!!!! SOOOO delicious!

It seemed easy enough so teammate and I went to the grocery store, bought the supplies and began the process. Now during the process I had to cut up a garlic clove (that's what they're called right?)

And now... 4 hours later, along with multiple hand washings, my fingers still REEK of garlic!!

I think the pasta turned out pretty good.. Never as good as the real thing though, but what can you do?...

Teammate said this was a test of my womanhood.. He decided I was a tween.. Boooo... I disagree, he just has less advanced taste buds!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Stainless steel will take that smell off your fingers (also gets rid of onion smell). If you don't have a stainless steel appliance to rub your hands on, you can buy little soap-bar shaped stainless steel things specifically for that purpose. I have one and it's fabulous. Smelling garlic or onion on your hands is never fun.